- The way we treat our planet is having an impact on nearly every aspect of our lives from our health, to our jobs, to our national security.
- Each year we pour billions more tons of pollution and gases into the air. That means the longer we take to start cutting emissions, the more expensive the task becomes.
What’s Happening Now
- Just as we’ve gotten closer than ever before in our history to Congress passing a critical climate and energy law, political bickering threatens to undermine the momentum for action.
- The worst thing we can do for our economy and our planet is nothing at all. The second worst thing we can do is delay taking action.
How it affects U and the U.S.
- If we wait, we jeopardize our health, our national security and our economy.
- If we wait, the U.S. risks sending the next generation of good jobs and huge profits overseas – and being shut out of the new clean energy market altogether. For more information on how climate change impacts U and your world, check out some of these websites: